Sunday, March 24, 2013

Poblanos

Poblanos is a recently opened Mexican restaurant in the Castleton area, across from the mall. Restaurants in the passed have failed in this location - it's hard to get to and the location is has a lot of competition in the surrounding area. I hope that this one stays open - the staff is very nice, they take good care of their customers and their food is on par with bigger chains such as On the Boarder.

So Friday evening me and my co-workers decided to order to go from the place. Below are the pictures of what I ordered. My only complaint in the metal tins. I hate these things! Makes the food go cold quicker and you can't heat it back up in a microwave - which is a problem since my work doesn't exactly provide Tupperware!
Seafood Enchilada (shrimp and imitation crab meat. Very spicy!) and mexican rice which was wonderful! Queso sauce to top it off and some spicy red sauce. 
Toppings for enchilada, guac was very fresh
Before I cut into it
rice had carrots, peppers, onions and was all the way cooked!
queso. very creamy but nothing special
tortilla chips for soup
chicken tortilla soup. this stuff was more of a gumbo and so good! Avocado on top, real strips of chicken meant, rice, pico de gio, and other goodies! It was amazing!!
So the soup was my favorite part of the meal! It was delicious!!! Anyway, I had so much food it ended up lasting me three days, give or take. Overall, the full meal (plus chips and salsa not pictured) cost $20. The salsa was also amazing and home made - the tomatoes are actually chunky instead of a puree of tomato guts. 

Poblanos also supports SpotOn, an app that scans a barcode on your smart phone to give you points. When you get enough points, you can redeem them for free stuff!

4/5 stars

Defiantly will be going back to satisfy my tex-mex cravings.


No comments:

Post a Comment