Saturday, January 19, 2013

Odessey (Castleton) and New Orleans on the Avenue (Indianapolis)

It's been a while but recently I've come across a few photos of places I never posted about.

First, The Odyssey. It's located on 82nd street in Castleton, across from the mall's east side. It serves mainly Greek few, but has quite a few American dishes as well.

I love this place. I love Greek food and this place is no exception. I got my order to go, and here's my order:

 Greek salad. The house dressing was wonderful, not too acidic but having a bite. If you dine in, it's unlimited along with their bread.
 Their bread is also fresh, with a herb flavoring and a mild salt. It's served with their olive oil - the only thing I wasn't very found of. The oil is kind of bland, even with the seasonings they add too it.
My main dish was actually an appetizer: a sampler platter. I got feta cheese, some type of rice thing and olives. They were great! Filled my up completely!

The best part? The place is pretty cheap. I also got Mediterranean octopus (not shown) wish was wonderful. My total order came out to be around ~$20, which is just as much as Olive Garden. Definatly going back!

Their website: http://www.odysseygrillandbar.com/
_________________________________________________________________________
Next, New Orleans on the Avenue. Now I went to this during last year's Mardi Gras with a friend of mine. We were seated immediately even with the crowd. The place has a really 'fresh' layout but it's a little crowded (maybe because of holiday??)

Everyone is also very nice and polite!

They had a special menu for Mardi Gras, so I ordered the unlimited catfish.

As you can see from the large portion, I didn't get a second helping. I actually ended up taking most of it home. The breading was great- not greasy, not thick and just the right amount of crunchy! I also loved their fries! They're seasoned and again, not greasy or mushy just crunchy awesome!

I will be going back here too, when I have the time! Good ol'Cajun cookin'!!

Their website: http://www.neworleansontheavenue.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment